Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

KDCA Cultural Village

The KadazanDusun Cultural Association Hall

The entrance to KDCA Cultural Village

Items on Display in Handicraft Shop

Food Cover or Tudung Saji for Sale..Cute

Entrance Fees

Cultural Performance - The Welcoming Dance

Sumazau Dance

The Anggalang Dance

Cooking Demo - Banana Fritters

Keropok Pisang - Banana Fritters

Wine Making Demo - The wine is very Sweet and Aramai !

Making a Parang Holder  Demo

Free Tattoo..Anyone interested?

A Murut warrior jumps high for the Prize..

Would like a puff dear?  try our local kirai/cigarettes

If no electricity or karan, can try this method..who knows, can save a lot of money.

As the guide says, no smoke, no food..hehe

Bead Making Demo

Cooking in a Bamboo..delicious, and hey, no oil..less cholesterol

Those were the days..missed this thing


Wah..my fav, bambangan, hinava, sup bambu tarajun, pakis and Chicken Curry..Sadap Bah!
Yesterday visit to KDCA Cultural Village was great. Went there with my colleagues. Inspected a few traditional houses, did some activities and had a good dinner..I've had my favs there, Hinava and Bambangan..Sadappp..and went for a second helping of these appetizers..Hehe..The staff were friendly and helpful and funny especially the in-house tour guide "Oyoh". Although this place is quite new, I believe it has the potential to be developed further and as one of the 'must visit' tourism product in the future. Here are the pictures I managed to snap yesterday..enjoy.. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi~The post and contain of your blog is awesome! And I suggest you to adjust the width of your blog. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tao Tao, thanks so much for your comment. I've adjusted the width. I have also checked ur blog and find it is very interesting although I cant understand Chinese but I did use the translator though :-). Yes, Please keep in touch ya ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI,,very nice and interesting pics...i will be vacationing in Sabah,,,i have trying to find map location of this place...but i just could not find.Kindly please tell me where is it located exactly,,planning to go there next Thursday..thanks you,,,

    ReplyDelete